Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ees Dream Come True . . .



My cousin Brad tipped me off to a dream come true last night: my long-awaited pocket giraffe. 

Brad, his wife Marcia, Jay and I have been fascinated by the 

DirectTV "Opulence, I has it" ad campaign for awhile now.

Early on, I proclaimed my need for a pocket giraffe to make my life complete.

These ads are great. They are the creative brainchild of Biscuit Filmworks' director Tim Godsall,

and I congratulate him.

The content is rich. The details are myriad. My husband's eagle eye spotted the poker-playing

dogs in the background of the initial commercial, which debuted last year.

They make me want to subscribe to DirectTV immediately, except that 

I am already a paying subscriber.

(DirectTV, if you see this and want to offer me a year or a lifetime of free service, please email.)

I love you, DirectTV.


Here are the ads, if you've not seen them:

This is sheer brilliance. They've set up a website where you can visit Sokoblovsky Farms, the 

best and only breeders of Petite Lap Giraffes. 

I have applied for my very own, and proudly hold number 24,124.


There is a webcam to view the tiny "bulls". 

You can find out all about the care and feeding of PLG's:

"With training they will go in box like cats."

Apparently, they are partial to bubble baths, distilled water and bonsai tree leaves, too.


I hope DirectTV will not mind my sharing and promoting

their fantastic website for your amusement.

Did I mention I'm a subscriber?

When I receive my Petite Lap Giraffe (in the mail?) I'll put up some cute pics for you,

Faithful Blog Followers.

In the meantime, if you've enjoyed this or any of the forty other posts here, please share them.

Email a Delta Delta Delta blog to ten of your friends within the next fifteen minutes, and

Barbie will appear on your computer screen on a sparkly horse and toss colorful candy to

you while tap dancing on the saddle. Bill Gates will send you a check for $5000.00.


If you don't, you will never qualify for a lap giraffe. Ever.





Love from Delta.


7 comments:

  1. your blogs complete me.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. im in love. and want a pocket giraffe too.
    <3 Chels

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes my day, thanks for sharing the info to find more~I might have to poach to post on my wall...I love those commercials and actually was so transfixed by bitty giraffe I had no idea what they were pitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know about this??! Once again - Thank you Beth for expanding my horizons!!! And I can hardly wait for my check from Bill Gates too - Oh Rapture! Oh Bliss!! Oh teeny tiny pocket giraffe poop! Does it get better??!

    ReplyDelete