Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You Just Call Out My Name . . .


. . . and you know, wherever I am, I'll come running to see you again. Winter spring summer or fall, all you have to do is call, and I'll be there yes I willyou've got a friend.

Or not.

If you are seriously lonely, there's always this guy. He's selling a year of friendship on eBay to the highest bidder. Benefits (this is friendship with benefits, folks) include weekly emails, friendship on Facebook, birthday greetings, anniversary greetings and "more....".

"Professional Marketing and Selling Guru can be your friend for a year, or more. Bounce ideas off of me. Get inspirational emails. Friend me on Facebook. Follow my twitter. I will be hear to be a caring ear when you are going through hard times. I will celebrate with you when you are going through wonderful times. I am a guitar playing songwriting son of a gun. Ready to make your year unbelievable."

Did you look? Do you need a new middle-aged bearded white guy in your life? As of this moment, 518 people have checked him out. Bidding is at a solid $1.50. Surely dedicated friendship is worth more than that.

I checked his previous auction for the same service. It topped out at 99 cents.

Maybe it's just a bit impersonal. Maybe he creeps people out. Maybe true friendship is far more valuable than a cheesy eBay ploy. That's my take on it.






Love from Delta.




No comments:

Post a Comment