Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Don't Shoot Your Mule



     As a writer, I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to see this photo posted on Facebook today. A charming, erudite gentleman reading my very own Delaney's People.

     Wow. And the charming erudite gentleman is from Vermont, to boot.
     
     Ayuh.

     I began creating stories in 2008 and shared them with my daughter, mom and a few friends. I never dreamed they'd be enjoyed on a cruise ship vacation.

     These days I am consumed with sequel-writing. The new book will be called Don't Shoot Your Mule. According to one of my idols, Alabama's own Rick Bragg, authentic Southern writers must kill mules. It is my good fortune to have an ancestor with a rather colorful mule murder, and I have found a way to incorporate the tale.

     Delaney will still figure prominently as a twelve-year-old. She and her family experienced Alabama's historic tornado outbreak of April 27, 2011. Chronicling the destruction and recovery is part of the process, and my friend Margaret Higgins Pendley supplied an informative book to add to my own experience.

     It is an honor to write about my home state's noble people and their warm hearts.

     Thank you to those who have purchased and read my work. I hope Don't Shoot Your Mule takes you to places you've never been and leaves you wanting more.








Love from Delta.

8 comments:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting! Love the photo.....Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title. There was another "attempted" mule-murder murder in the family some 65+ years ago, but as you know, mules are a bit stubborn, and wouldn't go along with it. (And the perp still lives). I can't wait to read your story.

    ReplyDelete