Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Love The Idea . . .





Here's an example of a concept I applaud with an execution that, well, is a bit iffy for me at this point. The wood shark at left is $800.00. He is available from The Made In America Store in Elma, New York.









"Save Our Country First" is their tag line. I like that a lot. They offer a variety of apparel with catchy slogans designed to inspire patriotic spending, such as this one.








That is a worthy sentiment, to be sure. A friend posted information about The Made In America Store yesterday and I got all inspired to try to buy something from it. After all, "The Made in America Store opened on April 3, 2010.  Located just 20 minutes from Buffalo and less than an hour from Niagara Falls, NY, it is the only general merchandise store in the country that sells 100% American Made Products, down to the packaging.  Our mission is to restore U.S. manufacturing jobs by providing American consumers a brick & mortar store and e-commerce site that guarantees that each product sold is entirely American in materials and labor."

The problem is, I found many items like the shark, which I have yet to factor into my decor. Is this a prime example of what our country is producing at present?







"The instructional pack includes an instructional DVD narrated by Quaker Boy founder and champion caller Dick Kirby. Dick will take you through a step-by-step approach to learning how to master the mouth call."










Again, not my cup of (American) tea. I kept hoping to see some cool shoes or accessories or a bracelet. (The bracelet section appears to be empty.)







I want to shop at The Made In America Store. The cotton candy looks appealing, but is not enough to place an order at $1.75.












There are some nifty signs offered at $12.00 each.
You don't get much more gung-ho U.S.A. than John Wayne in a beret. I think it's great though I have no place to put it.












I wish The Made In America Store well. VERY well. I will continue to check in and try to locate items that will make my wallet/pocketbook-conscience feel good. I know we are capable of producing attractive, cost-effective and quality goods in this great country of ours.

Show me some terrific stilettos, and I'm yours.






Love from Delta.

1 comment:

  1. ONE LUPINE. In Bangor Maine......everything. Made in USA

    ReplyDelete